Monday, February 15, 2010

Will You Be My Valentine? Pt. 2

Yikes! It's 3 in the morning and I guess Valentine's 2010 is officially over. For my second Valentine's Day project I painted these little cards for all the food service workers. This one time I got a Christmas card from Japan that was hand painted, kind of like these, only it had poinsettias on it. It was the best Christmas card I'd ever seen! So, it definitely inspired me to paint all these butterflies and flowers and star shapes for Valentine's day. When I started. . .
. . .I quickly realized that hand-painting 110 Valentine's would take a lot longer than I originally anticipated. . .But thirteen hours later. . .
. . .the cards are painted, the messages are glued to the back, and I'm ready to deliver them!

I hope that everyone likes the cards even if they are a little late. . . I would love to hear how your week is going. Please feel free to comment (you don't have to have an account to do so) to say hi and tell me what you think. I'm also always looking for more things that would make your corner of the world a little more magical, so you can email me at lifeinfullcolour@yahoo.com if you have any ideas or if you want to help me create a project.

3 comments:

Hannah Elisabeth said...

Make-Anderson-Magical,
you never cease to amaze me. This is so beautiful! Gorgeous pictures, wonderful idea, dedication and sweet, beautiful heart.
Wowzers.
Love,
History-Can-Be-Magical-Too?

Anonymous said...

hi, so you are really great. thank you so much for being such a blessing and making people's day all the time. :D

Solsticia Quartermanus and Dianarama Ottorius said...

Wow! These are so gorgeous! I always forget how talented you are. (This is to your advantage, since you can keep blowing me away.) As a matter of fact, I have a handmade Valentine for you (although not painted), but I haven't mailed it yet. The spirit is willing, but the organizational skills are weak!

Have a beautiful day!