Thursday, February 25, 2010

[Insert Lame Monkey Pun]

Happy Thursday! For this week I again decided to make cupcakes (honestly, cupcakes are kind of the most wonderful thing in the world!), but this time they were. . .monkeys!
I'm sure the amazing ladies who clean the lobby in my dorm think I'm crazy-most people don't make cupcakes at five a.m.-but there's something nice about being up before everyone else. And surprises are the most wonderful thing since cupcakes! I sent a bunch to health services as well as counseling services/campus ministries as a way to say thanks for all they do for us. Decorating the cupcakes was way fun. I went a little bananas
(ha ha-no? okay.) trying to squeeze the frosting dots for pupils and noses out of a ziplock bag, and some of the faces got a little crazy:) Then I carefully arranged them in foil pans and paper plates and sent them off through campus mail!
I would love to hear from everyone. Leave a comment to let me know what you think, share any ideas you have, or just to say hi (you don't have to have an account to comment). For a way you can get involved, check out the last entry!
p.s. How do monkeys get down the stairs?
They slide down the banana-ster!

7 comments:

Counseling Services said...

We loved the cupcakes. We don't know who you are, but what you're doing is fantastic. Thanks for the treats, and keep up the good work.

You'll be in our thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Not only are the cupcakes delicious and adorable, but we appreciate you and your effort to encourage others through your gifts! Thankyou so much!

Health Services Staff

Anonymous said...

Delicious cupcakes, and even better sweet encouragement and example. Thanks for your using and giving your gift.

Scott Green, Medical director at Health Services

Anonymous said...

OH my GOOSSHHH!! those are the cutest things i've ever seen in my life!! you are great.

Anonymous said...

Love the look of these! Great work. I saw your 'marketing' in the student center several places and had to check it out. Great work!

mel said...

these are really cute!
your project is so similar to one my best friends and i had in high school. we called ourselves "the sweethearts" and did anonymous nice things for people at school. cookies for custodians, notes to brighten days, we even broke into and decorated someone's locker.
we did about 25 things in our senior year, and it was the best experience ever.
i need to start one again. have fun with your project!

Solsticia Quartermanus and Dianarama Ottorius said...

Eek! Monkey cupcakes are soooooo cute! I can hardly contain myself!

Sorry I've gotten so behind on admiring your ah-mazing projects, but I think I'm all caught up now. Even though I'm not on the Anderson campus, I feel encouraged just looking at the pictures!