Thursday, January 28, 2010

Race, Ethinicity, and Cupcakes!

So for the past two mornings, I've been getting up way early to make cupcakes to leave as a surprise for the 8:30 Race and Ethnicity in America class. Sneaking around at 5 in the morning making these little pink cupcakes was fantastic.

Although it's only 23 students (and one professor :) ) I think it's well worth it. Hopefully that's not too much sugar first thing on a Thursday morning. . .
And when I was stealthily delivering them I felt like Amelie in that part where she imagines she's Zorro! I think I must have been a ninja in a past life. (Okay, I know I'm not quite as stealthy as I think I am. But shh. . .c'est un secret.)
It's just so great to do something outside of myself, even if it's something ridiculous like dressing up cupcakes with candy. What are some things that make your mornings better?

4 comments:

Solsticia Quartermanus and Dianarama Ottorius said...

Cool! These cupcakes are SUPERCUTE! (And yes, that is one word.)

This is such a lovely idea - I'm all for making secret pockets of happiness for other people to stumble over. And I think you're also right that it doesn't matter if the only person you make feel better is yourself (although I'm pretty sure that's not the case. I mean, if *I* got a free pig cupcake first thing in the morning, *I* would be doing a pig jig!) Anyway, I shall continue to follow your adventures with interest.

Anonymous said...

Basically the cutest thing I've ever seen in my entire life.

Unknown said...

I love Amelie! You are doing such fantastic things, I say! What gave you such a beautiful inspiration?

Kirsten M said...

amelie? zorro? doing nice things for people? we must become friends...