Sunday, January 24, 2010

LOVE

This week's project was also a pretty simple one (you can see the finished product above.) I decided to take advantage of the fact the Thursday wass a chapel day, and a lot more people would be in that area of the campus. I love using paint (especially colorful paint!) so assembling the sign was a nice break from critically analyzing and reading tedious assignments. It was a bit of a trick venturing out at 5 am on Thursday morning because of all the ice. I fell and slid a good distance multiple times, but it was actually kind of fun. Adventure-like.
I also happen to think that the LOVE sign meshed nicely with Anderson's initiative to raise money for Haiti. I am really proud of our student body and school faculty to respond the way they did. I hope that everyone's semester is getting off to an okay start. I know I've been pretty tired and some days I feel ready to give up. . .already. It's easy to stay depressed when the weather is so grey, so working with some color this week was fantastic!
Next week I think I'll go with baking. Cooking always cheers me up, and hopefully I can brighten a few of your mornings with a little colour and sweetness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL idea!!!

Kirsten M said...

I saw the banner and immediately thought "Miranda July!"

please tell me that she was your inspiration and that someone else on campus knows how awesome she is.